What is a Structural Engineer?

What can a Structural Engineer do for you?

Institution of Structural Engineers

City of York Council including York links

Email Contact us

 What can a Structural Engineer
do for you?

                        A Structural Engineer may provide the following services:

         Design of all types of buildings ie drawings and calculations.

         Reports on subsidence of all types of buildings including
            insurance claims.

         Surveying land and buildings including monitoring of cracks.

         Inspecting and reporting on the condition of a structure.

         Designing extensions and alterations to existing structures.

         Proposing remedial works eg underpinning or strengthening.

         Preparing alternative solutions and providing cost advice.

         Selecting and specifying materials.

         Preparing drawings and calculations.

         Obtaining tenders and Building Regulations' consent.

         Administering a contract for construction or repairs.

         Advising on structural matters in legal cases and disputes.